TDC Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “TDC”) hereby establishes the following stipulations pertaining to the handling of private information in the possession of TDC, based upon Japan’s Private Information Protection Law and related laws and ordinances, the guidelines and policies determined by Japanese government ministries pertaining to these said laws and ordinances, and private information protection management rules and other designations determined by TDC.
1. Basic Policy Pertaining to the Handling of Private Information
TDC hereby sets forth the following basic policy pertaining to the handling of private information.
・Purposes for use of private information shall be specified, with notice provided to the parties in question upon acquisition of such information.
・Parties in question shall be informed of the sphere of users of private information with the consent of such parties obtained as deemed necessary.
・A thorough system of control shall be adopted to prevent the divulgence of private information.
・Private information shall not be used for objectives outside of the stated purposes.
・Private information shall not be obtained in an illicit manner.
2. Private Information Use Purposes
Private information acquired by TDC shall be used for the purpose of supplying products, parts, services, technologies, know-how and other entities in the possession of TDC, while notice shall be given of the use purposes at the time of acquisition.
3. Users of Private Information
Private information in the possession of TDC shall be used only by TDC.
4. Procedures for Private Information Disclosure, etc.
(1) With regard to private information in the possession of TDC, parties wishing to be notified of the use purpose, or that wish to disclose, correct, make additions to, delete, terminate the use of or erase the contents of the information, halt the supply of data or take other actions are requested to direct such requests to TDC manager with which they do business, or to the manager of the private information protection inquiries desk (see below).
(2) Please be aware that there may be cases when it proves impossible to respond to such requests, including instances when responding to the requested details is in violation of Japanese law, cases capable of resulting in conspicuous impediment to the business operations of TDC, cases when it is deemed that no need exists for such responses in accordance with laws or regulations or under other circumstances.
5. Website Information Safety Control Measures
(1) TDC shall manage and store private information under a strict control system, making every possible effort to strengthen the level of security to ensure that the information of the parties in question is not lost, destroyed, falsified or divulged to third parties.
(2) When being supplied with private information, TDC shall take precautions against illicit access by third parties by encrypting information through the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) scheme or other means, in striving to maintain safety within a rational sphere.
(3) TDC shall not assume responsibility in the rare event of damages suffered by the parties in question or third parties as a result of illicit actions by hackers or others that exceed the sphere of the security measures in force.
6. Private Information Inquiries Desk
4-15 chojamai iidoi Rifu-cho, Miyagi JAPAN 981-0113
tel. +81 22 3563131 ax. +81 22 3563578