Polishing after surface treatment/coating
This page explains the polishing process after surface treatment/coating.
What is surface treatment/coating?
“Surface treatment/coating” is one of the machining methods, and it is to process the surface of parts and materials.
By performing surface treatment, it is possible to improve the specific properties inherent in the material, and it is a technique often used in the field of mechanical engineering.
Types and purposes of surface treatment/coating
A wide variety of methods are used for surface treatment/coating depending on the purpose, application, and target material.
Here, we introduce typical types of surface treatment.
|Types of surface treatments||Overview||Purpose|
|Plating (plating)||It is a metal film treatment method that coats the material surface with metal. There are various types depending on the processing temperature and finish, such as “wet plating” including electroplating and chemical plating, and “hot dip plating” that specializes in improving corrosion resistance.||
|Painting||Unlike paint plating, non-metallic film treatment is called painting. Painting also includes plastic linings and ceramic coatings, and the term “coating” may also refer to surface treatment by painting. There are various types of coating such as spray coating, powder coating, and electrodeposition coating.||
|anodized aluminum||Anodizing refers to anodic oxidation treatment, and is a processing method that is mainly performed on the surface of aluminum materials. By covering it with a thick aluminum film, it is possible to enhance its properties, such as the original high hardness of aluminum.||
|Thermal spray||It is a metal film treatment similar to plating, and it is a method of applying a thick film by spraying ceramics or plastics on the material in addition to metal.
In addition to improving properties, it is also used to repair metal surfaces.
|Chemical conversion treatment||It is a method of surface treatment by causing a chemical reaction on the surface of the material.
Chromate treatment is a representative chemical conversion treatment for improving corrosion resistance and rust resistance, and various methods are adopted depending on the target metal material.
|polishing||This is one of the surface treatment methods that TDC excels at.
When we say polishing, we tend to think of it as something different from surface treatment.
Polishing after surface treatment/coating
Since surface treatment/coating follows the surface shape of the base material, the accuracy of the base material itself is important to ensure the accuracy (flatness/parallelism) after surface treatment/coating.
Depending on the desired accuracy, we can adjust the surface shape of the base material and polish it again after surface treatment/coating, so that we can achieve strict accuracy such as flatness of 1um and parallelism of 5um.
Of course, it is also possible to have a mirror finish.
Polishing processing example after surface treatment/coating at TDC
Here are examples of polishing processing after surface treatment/coating.
Regardless of the material of the substrate (base), the following surface treatment/polishing after coating is possible.
- Plating: hard chrome plating, electroless nickel plating, etc.
- Coating: Fluoropolymers such as PTFE, PFA, FEP, TiC, PBI, alumite, etc.
- Thermal Spray: Y2O3, YF3, WC Carbide, Hastelloy, Ceramic, Spinel, Cobalt, Chromium, Monel, etc.
- Polishing of coated surfaces (nickel plating, hard chrome plating, etc.) of ultra-precision rolls,
- Mirror polishing to facilitate surface treatments such as blasting, hairline processing, and anodizing
For surface treatment and polishing after coating, please contact TDC
At TDC, we are able to respond to all requests for polishing processing with the know-how and technology development that we have cultivated so far.
Please contact TDC for precision polishing of parts and materials that have undergone some kind of treatment, such as surface treatment or coating.
TDC also has business alliances with companies and factories that perform plating and coating.
- I want to perform surface treatment and coating after polishing.
- I want to consistently perform polishing processing after surface treatment and coating.
In such cases, we can respond to efficiency improvement and short-term delivery by one stop, so please make a request to TDC once.
- Precision lapping service / ultra precision lapping service
- Polishing service
- What is Grinding
- What is cutting
- Copper polishing
- Polishing after thermal spraying
- Sapphire polishing
- Polishing of plastic/acrylic resin
- Polishing after surface treatment/coating
- Symbol used for polishing
- Polishing of SiC
- Polishing of titanium
- Polishing of stainless steel
- Cylindrical grinding/cylindrical polishing
- Type of polishing process
- What is the accuracy that can be achieved by polishing?
- Principle of polishing process
- Polishing process for Resin
- Metal polishing process
- What is CMP
- What is polishing?
- About Lapping and Polishing